Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sliding on home with EZ at my side



Whooo, this was the first time I knit from bottom up to the pits, stopped, knit the sleeves, and then attached the sleeves to continue in one piece to the top. I was sweating there for a bit, but it's all together and looking good. I did a three-needle bind off under the arms - but put all the underarms on extra needles first while I got the whole thing together on one needle. Then when I could take a breath, I went back and bound those off to get rid of the extra four needles dangling in the inside. The first time doing something is always the worst. Still, I'm not sure it's worth it to save a few seams. Less bulk in your lap to knit in pieces and then put it together.

1 comment:

Jen Kershner said...

Thank you so much for the information about getting started knitting. You obviously know what you're doing!