Friday, September 01, 2006

Tweed Concept



So when you have lemons, you make lemonade; right? Well, I have those cones of cheap Webs wool. (I'm beginning to get it, but I'm a little slow. It's cheap for a reason!) So I made the Green Vintage sweater, and it wasn't fun to knit, but I will wear it. Then I made Miami/My Lambie.

So should I just throw it out and not waste time with it? Yes. But no, I won't do that. Now, I've decided that a rather itchy tweedy-looking jacket is what I should do with it. Once I've completed this, I believe I will throw out the rest.

The front will be either a shaw collar and probably two buttons OR double-breasted with a notched collar (a bit more difficult). It will have a crocheted border. I'm hoping to put a chest pocket in there (what do you call those?) and perhaps one on either side near bottom. I want to put cuffs on the sleeves with more buttons so that this is very blazer/jackety looking.

And here, folks, we have a hint of the next Mom and Daughter Great European Adventure. Yes, Italy - well, mostly Florence, just a trip up to see what Venice looks like and whether it's dirty and smelly as I've heard from some or lovely, romantic, beautiful, which I've heard from others.

2 comments:

Mrs. Bear said...

Will the Tweed Jacket be an in-flight project, or one that awaits your homecoming? Either way, it sounds like a great project.

My fashionista sister told me sweater jackets are 'it' this year, so you're ahead of the curve.

RhettaRic said...

ooh, and I didn't even know it was "it"!! I'm afraid to try to take anything on flight with me. I don't go through London on the way there, but I do on the way back.

So it will be here waiting for me.