Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bertha the Singer 15-91

This is my latest acquisition.  She's gorgeous.  She works.  I'm not sure why I had to have her, but I did.  She's quiet and a lot cleaner for her age than I ever thought she'd be.  I took the covers off the head and the back and the throat plates, and other than a little felt/lint under the feed dogs, she really looked pretty clean.
Instead of being relegated to the garage with the machines, she rated a place in my office.
I've bid on a newer buttonholer that can make keyhole buttonholes, but this old one came with the machine.  So I thought I'd oil her up and give her a try.  Now if I can only figure out how to tell where the buttonhole is going to end up on the fabric before I stitch it, I'll be happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bertha is beautiful! nancy