Saturday, December 29, 2007

Dessert from Hell UPDATE

OK - not exactly like the book picture. But with a wee bit of effort it could have been. I chose to melt truffles I had made for the holidays for the plate as I'm NOT eating more sweets for a while. I started just squirting caramel sauce on willy nilly in an effort to get them all to the table before it turned midnight!



Just going for a WOW factor here. Will it look like the picture in the book? Hmm... Will it taste good? Who knows? Will all the pieces get to the party without breaking? Who knows? The recipe on the sugar spirals said "Practice may be required." Duh. But here are some of the parts of the dessert. Still have to make cake -- that has to be carefully lowered into the bottom of the caramel boxes -- and mousse that has to be put on top of the cake, and sauces to decorate And will I need a trailer to transport all this to the party? And I already know that this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me.

No comments: