Monday, November 06, 2006

Woven Headband/Ear Warmer



Okay. I made one (just finished second - tan one), but do I dare actually wear it when I go out in public in Chicago? Dipsy Doodle made one and I thought it would be a great idea instead of a hair-squashing hat. But then Dipsy is a young whippersnapper. My neighbor mentioned she'd like one of these a long time ago for when we're out walking at night or visiting the horses when it's cold. So since they're really quick knits, I'm actually making one for her and another for one of the Magnificent Four going to Chicago. Now I know something that you can make with one skein of a luxury yarn (NOT that I used luxury yarn on these - next time maybe).

4 comments:

Mrs. Bear said...

Oooooh! The Ski Bunny look! Actually, I think it looks nice. My ears always get frozen outside. I say, wear it with pride!

Sonya said...

Looks great! I have a couple (non-handknit) that I wear a lot. When I put my hair up into a hat I look like a conehead.

Anonymous said...

Whippersnapper? Young? Me? LOOOL ;) Actually I think you look stunning with this earwarmer, absolutely stunning indeed! You just HAVE to wear it, and do wear it with pride as it's done so beautifully!

Jenny Raye said...

I think it looks great! If it keeps your ears warm, all the better.