Friday, October 03, 2014

Picture Knitting and Shrinking Plastic

Img2Track is too much fun:  http://daviworks.com/

There are lots of ways to get your knitting machine to knit pictures, but for me, this was the easiest.  I'm attempting to make new pillows from old movie posters for the den.  I'm hoping to make Audrey Hepburn - either Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany's.  I'm using yarn from Michaels, Woolike, which is so reasonable.


I got up too early today and ended up on a site making shrinky dink buttons! Well, I have a lot of little plastic containers in the garage from the days when I'd take cookies to my jobs (boy, is that over).  So I quickly hand cut a few irregular circles, punched holes, and sort of copied their designs a bit, baked them up, and Voila!  Too cute.  And if you sand the plastic first, it makes it more white than clear like the little heart below.  http://scissorspaperwok.com/2011/07/18/how-to-make-clothing-buttons-from-shrink-plastic/  I think Scarlett and I will have a great time playing with jewelry making this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow and wow! These pillows turned out beautifully and the buttons are adorable. nancy