Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nantucket Grows Slowly

Saturday was the beginning of a scratchy throat, but I was no woos and I walked with MFN. Sunday I thought, yeah, I'm kinda getting sick, but if this is sick, I can do it; I feel pretty good except for that throat. Monday ditto - Kelli's birthday and I ran around like a chicken with her head cut off. Work said there was nothing for me on Tuesday, which was okay with me, but I figured if they had had a job, I could have worked no problem. Tuesday I woke up, threw some bread on to rise, sipped my lemon water, and realized that yep, I'm sicker than a dog, a barkless dog. I could barely make a sound. But worse, I felt sick. I tried to remain vertical for a little knitting, but I didn't get too far. Here's Chloe checking to see if it's going to fit around her butt.
Looks good so far.

And here's a shot of that oatmeal bread.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Your bread looks so yummy! The sweater is looking pretty good too.

Mrs. Bear said...

That body double is going to come in mighty handy as you modify the torso of your sweater pattern, I'll bet. Lookin' good!

Jenny Raye said...

Oh feel better!

"Knitting Soothes the Soul"--homemade bread don't hurt either :o)