Friday, December 08, 2006

Mourning (Knitting content see end)



Lambie is dead. God rest his soul. He lived 27 years, March 1979 to December 2006. His later years, he was a mere shadow of himself, coloring was off (perhaps liver disease). My daughter may never recover. I tried to make a replacement in anticipation of just such an event, but...

The demise was as follows: DD put his innards (all that was left of him) in the pocket of her pj's for safekeeping. Later in the day, she did her laundry. That night panic set in when she realized that the lint trap had had its way with Lambie. She has not been the same since. She cannot sleep. She wakes up looking for him still. It's only been a few days.

Here he was then. We have no recent pictures.

(Knitting content: The black thing on Kelli's head (which started this whole entry) was my last shawl. I used Skacel Merino and though it's nice to knit with, finished blocked project is not near as "substantial" as Zephyr. Result: I don't like this shawl/scarf much)

3 comments:

Sonya said...

I'm sorry to hear about Lambie. It's hard to lose a good friend. The shawl is lovely though.

Anonymous said...

My gosh, poor Lambie, what a loss this is after so many years ;(
The shawl is amazing though, Kelli looks like a perfectly stylish mourner!

Mrs. Bear said...

Ah, Lambie. Gone but not forgotten. Kelli has the Jackie Kennedy mourner look down to a T! My sincerest sympathies to all concerned.